уторак, 26. фебруар 2013.

Introducing: MTV Tr3s 'Último Año' Star Mauricio Henao


Mauricio Henao from MTV Tr3s Ultimo Ano

MTV Tr3s' new thriller telenovela Último Año features all of the psychological drama one faces in high school without any fluff. We recently chatted with the show's bad boy Mauricio Henao about his new role.
Find out what the 26-year-old revealed about his relationship status, Latina celebrity crush, and more below!
Tell us about the new show Último Año?
The show isn’t your typical telenovela. It’s very relatable and touches on subjects that matter to young people. The network partnered with the United Nations to ensure that social issues that matter to this demographic are developed into the script. It feels like real life and what young people are really going through these days like bullying and having protected sex.
Are you anything like your character Martin in real life?
No, not at all! He’s kind of this bipolar kid. He comes from a really poor family and he’s very ambitious. He decides to move to the city and ends up having a totally different life. He ends up turning the story upside down.
What led you to pursue a career in telenovelas?
I started working as a model when I graduated from high school. I worked in New York for about two years. Once I came to Miami to do a fashion show, I met a few people from Telemundo and they suggested that I start acting. I decided to pursue it and haven’t regretted it since.
What gives you the most pride about being Colombian?
I love how supportive our families are. When I told my mom that I wanted to become an actor, she said she rather me go to college, but eventually she was right on board. She believes in me and that makes such a big difference when you are pushing for your dreams.
What’s your relationship status?
I’m single right now. I got out of a relationship a couple of months ago. I’m looking for the right girl to come along.
Do you have a celebrity Latin crush?
There are a couple. I love Genesis Rodriguez. I met her a few years ago and I love that she started out in telenovelas and now she’s a huge movie star. That’s definitely something that I want to do too.
What do you hope for your career in the next 5 years?
I’m the kind of person that doesn’t overthink that kind of stuff. I like to just let it flow, but I do have a vision to do film. Hopefully I will move to Los Angeles one day and start on achieving that dream.
Último Año airs Monday-Friday at 6pm on MTV Tr3s!

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар